Hello my Bookworms! I hope you’re having a glorious Tuesday. I’m back on the meme bandwagon today and participating in this week’s Top Ten Tuesday with The Broke and the Bookish! Today’s topic is… Settings I’d Like To See More Of. Shall we?
1. I want to see more books set at THE CIRCUS! I loved The Night Circus and Water For Elephants. They’re just rife for interesting stories. Circuses, please!
2. SCOTLAND. I really like reading Scottish accents. Plus I have a giant book crush on Jamie from the Outlander series.
3. Let’s do the TIME WARP again! I can’t get enough of people accidentally going back in time. I’m a sucker for it. I routinely inventory my skills to assess how I’d do in the past. The verdict? Not well at all. It’s a good thing reality has very little influence on my imagination.
4. THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS. Why? Oh I don’t know. Darwin. Science. There are penguins there… It’s much warmer than Antarctica. Did I mention there are penguins there?
5. HABERDASHERY. Nobody writes books about people who make hats. Hats are cool. Someone out there needs to remedy this problem. Books about hat stores!
6. BIBLICAL TIMES. I love me some historical fiction, but I was especially struck with the awesomeness that was The Red Tent. I love reading about women’s lives in various points in history, and this time period is under represented.
7. ANCIENT GREECE. Song of Achilles rocked my world pretty hard. More of this, please.
9. NORTH DAKOTA. Someone needs to throw North Dakota a bone. It’s like the black sheep of states. At least South Dakota gets Rushmore. North Dakota’s claim to fame? Being next to Minnesota. I feel for you, underdog state!
10. FRED FLINTSTONE’S DINING ROOM. I let Jim choose this last one because I was running out of ideas. So. Yeah. More books about cartoon cavemen and their dinner parties. In fairness, this was his third choice. The first was Zombie Infested Prison because he’s going through Walking Dead withdrawal. His second choice was “between the pages of a Cisco router manual,” and just typing out that phrase I went unconscious. So yep.
What about you, bookworms? Where would you like to see more books set?